Have you noticed that some newly released books aren’t on library shelves?
The supply chain and labor shortages affecting holiday shopping also affect your library. Publishers, our book vendors and shipping services are all experiencing delays. This is a problem for libraries across the country, and Bucks County Free Library is no exception.
Through the end of 2021 and into 2022, you might notice:
- Books in our catalog listed as “on order” for longer than normal
- Holds taking longer than usual to arrive
- Cancelled holds for missing books that we can’t repurchase
We know this is an inconvenience and appreciate your patience! We always want to offer the books you want to read, when you want to read them.
Although we can’t control the delays, we’re in regular contact with our book supplier to get updates and work on temporary solutions. We’re also ordering books farther ahead of their publication date to ensure they arrive as fast as possible.
While you’re waiting for a particular book to arrive, you can always:
- Ask a librarian to recommend something similar to the book you’re waiting for.
- Borrow e-books using cloudLibrary and hoopla. We add new titles to cloudLibrary every Friday.