Expanding minds with opportunities for learning and discovery in welcoming spaces
Community connections and a connected community from generation to generation
- We support intellectual freedom and free access to information.
- We serve a diverse community where every person belongs and we treat everyone with respect.
- We use our human, physical, and financial resources efficiently and effectively.
- We offer friendly, prompt, and reliable customer service.
- We welcome all library users to accessible physical and virtual environments.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
The Bucks County Free Library (BCFL) affirms our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We unequivocally celebrate Bucks County’s diversity. We will actively work to make sure that everyone feels welcome to visit our libraries and make use of our collections and services without feeling marginalized. We will strive to uphold DEI as a core value and guiding light in our work.
At the institutional level we will continuously evaluate our policies and operational practices so we can remove unfairness and barriers to access. At the individual level we will continuously offer training, information, and resources to our staff and the public so we are taking the lead in promoting mutual understanding and respectful treatment of all who enter our physical and virtual spaces.
BCFL is for everyone.