Your child can earn the Mythic Hero badge from Badge Squad at home by completing three of the activities listed here. Once the library reopens, visit us and your child can pick up a cloth patch for each Badge Squad badge they’ve earned.
- Hop into the #Metkids Time Machine to go back in time and explore mythological art from different time periods around the world.
- Use Hoopla to check out a book on myths, legends, or fables. Choose a non-fiction book, or try a story like Aruh Shah and the End of Time, The Lightning Thief, or Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky.
- Explore Kids Infobits in Power Kids Library to find an article about mythology. Can you find an article about your favorite god, goddess, or creature? Challenge yourself to find one you don’t know about already!
- Make your own mythical hero trading card! Draw a picture of yourself as a hero on the front, and on the back describe your powers, weapons, and origin story. Bonus: Create a card for everyone in your family. Super Deluxe Bonus: video chat with a friend and design a card for them while they design a card for you!
- Imagine a mythological creature and write a story about it! Some famous mythological creatures include the Sphinx, the Chimera, and Cerberus. Use the library’s online resources if you need more inspiration!
— Michelle K., Youth Services Librarian