Do you dream about creating meaningful moments and whimsical experiences at the library? Are you as comfortable outdoors, leading a wild rumpus on a hot summer day or building creatures in the snow, as you are conducting a traditional indoor story time? Do you see yourself finding the perfect book for a spirited second grader who has read absolutely everything or a non-fiction book about recycling for a toddler obsessed with trash?
The Bucks County Free Library is looking for dynamic and resilient Children’s Services Librarians: one to serve our Doylestown community; and one to serve both the Yardley and Langhorne branches. If you are someone who enjoys an active schedule engaging with children and their families, pitching in alongside other library staff at the service desk and on the public floor, we would love to hear from you.
In this position you will lead and deliver children’s services activities at the designated library. You will maintain successful existing programs, including storytime, Badge Squad, and Let’s Play School. You will work with colleagues and individually to produce a slate of high-interest, engaging programs for young children. In teen services, your top priority will be to maintain a thriving volunteer program. This position will also conduct outreach visits and routinely schedule virtual library card drives.
- Requires a master’s degree. Degree required: Library/Information Studies or Education. Will consider candidates near completion of MLS.
- One year of related experience
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation or ability to travel among many library sites
- Applicant must provide on date of hire the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
Schedule: Full-time variable schedule, including weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
Starting Wages: $27.05 probationary rate; $27.88 regular rate
Benefits: Medical and dental for self with premium copay. Vacation, sick, and personal leave and eleven paid holidays. 403b plan with a 5% match after one year. Life insurance equal to annual pay. Health advocate and employee assistance program. (Benefits subject to change at any time.)
To Apply: Links to job description, job application, and supplemental questions are below.
- Complete the job application, which provides the opportunity to upload a cover letter and résumé, and directs you to pre-employment testing.
- Take pre-employment test battery (link at end of job application), which consists of five tests: cognitive aptitude, customer service, Word 2016, Excel 2016, and computer and Internet knowledge test (about 55 minutes for all five).
- Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire form, save your document, and then upload it here or use “Upload Completed Supplemental” link below.