This page will be updated as the situation changes.
Library Coronavirus Action Plan
Updated April 1, 2020
The Bucks County Free Library is closely monitoring information about the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are actively taking steps to help protect our staff and library users and reduce the spread of the virus.
All BCFL Branches are closed until further notice. During this time, due dates have been extended and fine accrual has been suspended.
Please do not return your materials until your library reopens as many book drops are closed.
In addition all library sponsored programs and meeting room bookings are canceled until further notice. This includes group events and individual technology help appointments. Any group that cancels a meeting room booking will be fully refunded.
The library will continue to follow the guidance of local, county, and state governments and the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As we learn more details we will provide regular updates through our website and social media.
Bucks County Health Department: COVID-19 Hub
Community Public Library Closures
- Fallsington Library: closed until further notice
- Free Library of New Hope and Solebury: closed until further notice
- Free Library of Northampton Township: closed until further notice
- Margaret R. Grundy Memorial Library: closed until further notice
- Morrisville Free Library: closed until further notice
- Pipersville Free Library: closed until further notice
- Riegelsville Public Library: closed until further notice
- Southampton Free Library: closed until further notice
- Township Library of Lower Southampton: closed until further notice
- Village Library of Wrightstown: closed until further notice
- Warminster Township Free Library: closed until further notice
Frequently Asked Questions
Oh no! I forgot to renew my library card! What can I do?
Do not despair! Fill out the contact form online and we will be glad to help you renew your library card remotely. Please let us know if you need to update your personal information including your name, address, phone number or email address.
Help! I’m prompted to enter my User ID and my PIN # when I try to access some online resources, but I can’t remember them.
Your User ID is the same number that appears on your library card. Your PIN is the four-digit number that you set up when you registered for your library card. If you can’t remember your PIN, you can click on Request PIN on the My Account page of our website and we can email it to you.
My library materials are due. Can I return them to a book drop?
Our book drops, like our branches, are closed for business. We have extended all of our due dates and suspended the accrual of fines for the duration of this closure. You can confirm your status on the My Account page of our website. There will be fines levied for any materials left at our book drops or outside of our branches while the library is closed. In the meantime, please hold onto your materials and plan to return them when the library reopens to the public. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
How to Use the Library During this Time
- Use our e-library to borrow ebooks, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines and stream music and videos.
- Keep up with the news by reading The New York Times or use NewsBank to access news from publications around the world.
- Email us with questions about your account – we’re here to help!
- Learn something new, sharpen your skills, or get tips on working from home with online courses from Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning).
- Take advantage of our other online educational resources: Brainfuse (study help and live online tutoring) and LearningExpress (test prep and tutorials).