We are looking for someone to join our IT Department to provide help desk support to 17 libraries using remote desktop software or on-site visits. This position serves as primary responder to help desk phone line and ticketing system requests following department guidelines. In addition, this position supports and maintains the performance of library computer systems, desktops and equipment to ensure functionality and security, including configuration and management of Group Policy. This is an FLSA non-exempt position.
- Requires an associate’s degree or equivalent training or certification.
- One year experience working with computer hardware and software.
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation or ability to travel among many library sites.
- Required to be on call during off hours as needed or as scheduled.
- Applicant must provide on date of hire the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
Full-time 37.5 hours per week. Occasional evenings or weekends.
Part-time 20 hours per week from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Occasional evenings or weekends.
Starting Wages: $23.50 to $25.31 per hour DOQ
Full-Time Benefits Include: Medical and dental for self, with 10% premium payment. Vacation, sick, and personal leave and eleven paid holidays. 403b plan, with a 5% match after one year of enrollment. Life insurance equal to annual pay. Employee assistance program. (All amounts are at time of offer and subject to change.)
Apply By: Open until filled with applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Application Requirements: Links to job description and job application are below. Job application includes an opportunity to upload cover letter and résumé, and complete a supplemental questionnaire and pre-employment testing. Pre-employment testing consists of five tests: cognitive aptitude, customer service, Excel 2016, Word 2016, and computer and Internet knowledge test (about 60 minutes for all five).