Bucks County Free Library is looking for a specific term full-time Delivery Driver for the Facilities Department to assist in the delivery of materials throughout Bucks County. The position will last between two to six months.
The Delivery Driver sorts and packages material to be moved between libraries, loading and unloading shipments, operating material-moving equipment such as hand trucks and hydraulic lifts, and delivering books, interlibrary mail, and supplies to various libraries according to established driving routes. This position also collects and turns in cash deposits from delivery stops, records details of cash pickups and deposits, as well as empties book drops as assigned during library closings. This is a non-exempt bargaining unit position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two years related experience
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation or ability to travel among many library sites
- Applicant must provide on date of hire the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check
- Annual recertification of valid driver’s license
Schedule: Full time – 37.5 hours per week. 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with occasional weekend or evening hours
Compensation: $23.52 per hour probationary; $24.23 per hour regular
Benefits: Medical and dental for self with premium copay. Vacation, sick, and personal leave and eleven paid holidays. 403b plan with a 5% match after one year. Life insurance, health advocate, and employee assistance programs. (Benefits subject to change at any time.)
Apply By: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
To Apply: Links to job description and job application are below. Job application includes an opportunity to upload cover letter, résumé, and complete the pre-employment testing.
Pre-employment testing consists of three tests: Wiesen Test of Mechanical Aptitude, Employee Personality Profile, and a computer literacy and Internet knowledge test (about 55 minutes for all three).