The Bucks County Free Library, headquartered in Doylestown, PA, is looking for a Children’s Services Coordinator to help guide and inspire our children’s services team to deliver high quality, innovative, and compelling programs to children and their families.
If you enjoy managing projects and leading people but you also want to stay connected with those we serve, this may be the job for you. In addition to coordinating county wide initiatives and activities you will be the lead Children’s Librarian at our Doylestown branch. The job will include about three days of public service work on the floor and two days of off-desk work per week.
As Children’s Services Coordinator, you will lead planning for a complete package of year-round county wide programs and activities. Working with the Public Services Director and children’s services team members you will develop project plans, timelines, and deliverables. The ideal candidate for this job is organized, able to keep multiple priorities moving along, willing to share creative responsibility with team members, and committed to meeting or beating deadlines.
This job involves giving honest, respectful feedback to colleagues about the work they produce and their performance as program and activity leaders. If you love mentoring others and are excited to help people stretch and grow, this may be a good fit for you. If you’re afraid of offending someone by what you might have to say in a coaching session, this is not the job for you.
A top priority for the position will be to help us reignite our children’s services brand beginning this fall. We are looking for a leader who is fired up about moving away from the traditional sit-down-and-follow-the-rules-while-I-read-to-you format and moving toward something lighter, simpler, and high energy that is equally educational. If this sounds like you, please apply. This an FLSA exempt position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Master’s degree in Library Science. Will consider Master’s in Education degree.
- Five years of progressively responsible public library experience, including one year of direct staff supervision.
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation or ability to travel among many library sites.
- Applicant must provide on date of hire the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
Schedule: Full-time schedule
Compensation: Starting salary range – $56,926 – 61,626 DOQ
Benefits: Medical and dental for self with premium copay. Vacation, sick, and personal leave and eleven paid holidays. 403b plan with a 5% match after one year. Life insurance, health advocate, and employee assistance programs. (Benefits subject to change at any time.)
Apply By: Open until filled with applications reviewed on a rolling basis
To Apply: Links to job description, job application, and supplemental questions are below.
- Complete the job application, which provides the opportunity to upload a cover letter and résumé, and directs you to pre-employment testing.
- Take pre-employment test battery (link at end of job application), which consists of five quick tests: cognitive aptitude, customer service, Excel 2016, computer and Internet knowledge test, and attention span test (about 55 minutes for all five).
- Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire form, save your document, and then upload it here or use “Upload Completed Supplemental” link below.