The Bucks County Free Library is a 7-branch county library system headquartered in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
We are looking for an experienced public librarian who would like to move into administration. The ideal candidate for this job is someone who would love to take a leadership role across various areas of library operations. This position reports to the Public Services Director and assists with management and oversight of branch libraries. Areas of focus include general administration, personnel and training support, programming support, and leadership.
We are looking for someone who:
- Puts customers first
- Is organized and able to keep up with multiple priorities and areas of focus
- Is detail-oriented and fluent in data entry and number crunching
- Has top-level writing and communication skills
- Excels in organizing and presenting information so that others can learn
- Is passionate about making sure that libraries stay vibrant and essential to our communities for years to come
If this sounds like you, please consider applying. This is an FLSA exempt management position.
- Master’s degree in library or information studies
- Five years of recent and progressively responsible public library experience, including two years of direct supervision
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation to travel among many library sites and offsite venues
- Applicant must provide on date of hire the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
Schedule: Full-time Monday through Friday
Compensation: Starting salary range – $55,834 – $69,792 DOQ
Benefits: Medical and dental for self with premium copay. Vacation, sick, and personal leave and eleven paid holidays. 403b plan with a 5% match after one year. Life insurance, health advocate, and employee assistance programs. (Benefits subject to change at any time.)
To Apply: Links to job description, job application, and supplemental questions are below.
- Complete the job application, which provides the opportunity to upload a cover letter and résumé, and directs you to pre-employment testing.
- Take pre-employment test battery (link at end of job application), which consists of four tests: cognitive aptitude, customer service, Excel 2016, and computer and Internet knowledge test (about 48 minutes for all four).
- Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire form, save your document, and then upload it here or use “Upload Completed Supplemental” link below.