When not in use by the library, non-profit groups and individuals can rent Bucks County Free Library branch meeting rooms for non-commercial events. Rooms are available for booking in Bensalem, Doylestown, Langhorne, Levittown, Quakertown, and Yardley-Makefield. Those who would like to book rooms at system member libraries at other locations should contact them individually for bookings.
I’ve applied before. Proceed to the application!
All meetings have to be free and open to the public. Rooms can be used only for cultural, civic, informational, and educational events and not for fundraising, sales, or business promotion.
Rooms can be reserved six months in advance and up to one week before the meeting date. A group or individual can reserve one meeting date per month and up to eight meeting dates per year per branch. Hourly fees range from $15 to $35, depending on the size of the room. All bookings must include setup times as part of the paid rental. Hourly fees for each location and room are detailed in the fee schedule.
All meeting room setups are self-serve. Meeting rooms aren’t equipped with kitchens or kitchen equipment, but coffee makers, food, and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed.
HOW TO APPLY
Review the library’s Meeting Room Policy. You will be required to agree to all the terms of this policy as part of your contract. Reviewing the policy will help you make sure that the library’s requirements are a good fit with your group’s needs.
- You’ll need a computer or device connected to the internet to log into the library’s online reservation system. It will take less than five minutes to complete the application. If you need help with the application, call or stop by any branch of the Bucks County Free Library.
- The system will prompt you to select your choice of location, date, and time. You’ll need to enter your library card number and PIN. In addition to the name of your organization and your name, phone number, and e-mail address, you’ll be required to input:
The purpose of the meeting
Estimated number of attendees
Name and phone number for an alternate contact person
Type of documentation you’ll provide to show non-profit status
- Before your request is fully submitted you’ll see a confirmation page that shows the data you input and the dollar amount needed for the deposit. You’ll be prompted to continue to payment options, where you’ll opt to pay by either by check or credit card. If you pay by check you’ll be instructed to bring the check to the library. If you pay by credit card you’ll be required to input complete information into the secure payment system. The library won’t deposit your check or charge your credit card until after the reservation is confirmed.
- You’ll receive an immediate confirmation on the screen and by e-mail that the application has been successfully submitted. This doesn’t confirm the booking, just the submission. The library works to meet a fourteen-day turnaround time for processing meeting room applications. If more than fourteen days have passed and you haven’t heard from the library, please call the branch where you applied.
- If your application doesn’t meet the requirements for library meeting rooms, your reservation will be denied you’ll receive an e-mail. If the library needs more information to make a decision, the library will contact you by e-mail.
- If your application is approved, you’ll receive a confirmation by e-mail, which will include full instructions for completing the booking.
I’m ready to apply. Proceed to the application!